Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Field trip FUN

A mommy first for me today...Attended my first of MANY field trips with my oldest son. He was SO excited that I was going to be able to go with him but wasn't so happy that I had to drive my own car (school rules).

The field trip was to Mainstay Farms which is a pumpkin patch in October and a Christmas tree farm in November & December. Its a very neat place with lots for the kids to do but we have never been!

So I get there a little late as usual (its rare for me to be on time). Walk up to where his class is standing and see 3 men(dads) standing there and then the teachers. I was suprised for two reasons one there was only 4 parents and there was three classes with probably 10 kids each and the fact that I was the ONLY MOM. I though ok did I miss the memo was this a dad's only event. No no I didn't good for them for coming to their childs field trip. Brayden said "Hey mommy, where is daddy?" haha

I text my husband and told him I was the only Mom his response "Ask them how much they know about football. I bet you know more if they are at a field trip and their wifes are working" I couldn't help but laugh. Not that he would never go on a field trip with our kids but most of the time Moms are the ones who attend.

Brayden and I before we started all the fun activities.




The field trip was a blast. The kids got to play in the hay, roast marshmallows, ride on a hay ride, play on a HUGE play ground and go through a maze. Brayden loved it!!















One of the little girls in his class really seems to like him. They were walking from one activity to another and she said "Brayden can I hold your hand" of course he said yes. I ALMOST died! He is WAY to young for this they are in PRE-K for goodness sake! She followed him around most of the day!



So I survied my first of many and can't wait for the next one in December to see Polar Express at the Omni.

Have a Happy HUMP day..the weekend isn't too far away!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment