Thursday, April 10, 2014

Buying a house...

So buying a house is already a stressful process for anyone! As a coaches family it's extremely nerve racking because you may be at a school for 1 year or 5 it's always changing! 

But after two years here we feel like it's time! We LOVE this town and everyone here! Most people buy a house with intentions of staying at least 5 years to make sure you get your money back! That's a long time for a coaches family! 

So far we have contacted a lender and started this crazy process of giving them everything from your bank account info to your underwear size and blood type. I have decided we will either buy a house or get a divorce! Fingers crossed for option one! 

We are both tight with money so we don't want to buy anything over the top! He is fine with buying a fixer up! I am not because let's be honest it won't get done! He is a coach and is never home! I may have my blonde moments but I am smarter than that! So far every house he has liked I have not and the ones I like he doesn't! 

Are we the only ones this has happened to?!? Surely not! Please tell me no! 

Anyone have experience with buying a house you don't love with intentions to fix it? How did that work out for you! 

Fingers crossed and praying for this to go smoothly and no one to get hurt in the process! Any and all advice accepted! 

Hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday! 

1 comment:

  1. I will say, when we were house hunting, we looked at 100s of houses. It was sooo overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time. But the second we stepped into our house, we just KNEW it was the one. We both looked at each and just knew. Hopefully that happens for y'all! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete