Thursday, January 23, 2014

Woah February...

How in the world is next week the last week of January? This month has FLOWN by as usual. I guess I better start preparing for Valentines Day for the kids since it's in 3 weeks!

This is the time of the year as a coaches family that stinks the most. The time of the year that you stress the most and end up with a million zits, mouth ulcers and knots in your stomach or I do at least! It's time for contract renewals or non renewals, redistricting and always potentially the job hunt.

In February they will announce the new districts for everyone for the next two years. It determins alot and is usually the year that everyone changes jobs based on the new districts. Two years ago this was us when we left our previous school to come here. If you have had a good season it may not matter but if you have had a bad season you rear is always on the line.

People around town are constantly talking and I try to stay in hiding as much as possible. That way no one asks questions and I don't hear any of the things I don't want to hear. Don't get me wrong it's not always bad people do say good things too! It just makes me less stressed to stay in my own little coaches wife bubble, mind my business and take care of my family.

It's scary, stressful and the longest 4 months of my life every year. One of the coaches at our school has already made the move to go to another school as soon as this one will let him go! This year is especially hard because we are ready to buy a house and to do that we have to know where we are going to be. We hope to stay here or in this area because we love everything about it here. Is there drama? Well duh there is everywhere but here we are close to family and both like our jobs.

I love my husbands career and wouldn't trade it for any thing because he gets to do what he LOVES and we enjoy watching him! This time of year is just stressful but every year we survive & we will this year TOO!

Hope everyone has a GREAT Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment