Thursday, January 30, 2014

Real mom problems...

What a WEEK?!? I mentioned Tuesday that the 2 year old was climbing out of his bed and we might move him to a big boy bed. Problem is I don't think he is ready. When do you know they are really ready?

He started climibing out regularly this weekend...and NEVER has stopped. And he is a PRO at it...like out of the bed and opening the door before I get back to the living room. He has always been my child who I lay down in his crib and he goes right to sleep. No rocking, no reading, no sippy cup nothing just lay down let me go to bed myself. My first child did NOT do this...they have been polar oposites for the most part. They are both super laid back but my youngest is my strong willed child that has given us a run for our money since he was about 18 months old.

Spankings don't seem to phase him. He is constantly pushing boundries and testing us. I always tell my husband it's his fault we are paying for his raising! haha I was the perfect child so it can't be becasue of me!

Anywho back to the crib climber. So after him doing it several times Sunday night and ending up in our bed. Which NEVER happens. He is 25 months and has not spent one night in our bed. We learned that lesson with the first and swore we would never make that mistake again. Needless to say we got NO sleep and getting him to sleep was TORTURE also.

So Monday we took the front off the crib to see how the "big boy" bed thing might work. Put him in his bed and he followed me right back out of the room. Screaming the ENTIRE way. Tried again several times and failed miserably EVERY time.

Tuesday I rocked him to sleep and he slept in our bed again 3 nights in a ROW. Not much sleeping had by hubby and I because this kid knows no boundries and is use to sleeping alone. Feet in my stomach, head or back and head on hubbys head, arm or back. NOT my idea of a good nights sleep by any means. Yesterday morning hubs say "WE HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT I NEED MY SPACE AND MY SLEEP" he was pretty serious. haha

So last night we put the front back on the crib and though we would try it again. He climbed out once so I spanked him put him back. Second time hubby got him. Third time we took all bumber off thinking he was using them to help him. Fourth time hubby says I have got to see how he is doing this. So he hid in the closet. Sure enough he was swinging that leg over the front and letting himself down to the ground. LORD HELP US!

So next my husband said ok tie the bumber to the TOP of the front rail then maybe he won't be able to get out. He talked to him gave him some stuffed animals and told him not to get out. He cried a little but he stayed.....until about 6 this morning I hear a mommy mommy and a tap on my shoulder. This kid! lol

Anyone else had this problem. I know he is NOT ready for a toddler bed and I don't want to start it until its time and he is ready. We moved our first over to quickly and it back fired. We are trying to avoid this with number 2! Any advice is MORE than welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment