Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Traditions: Movies & Rituals

Today I am linking up with Sally from The Stanfield Clan & Amy from The story of Us for Christmas Traditions Link up!

button

One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching countless Christmas Movies! In Texas that and the decor is usually the only thing that gets us in the spirit because it sure doesn't feel like Christmas time {80 degrees yestersay but maybe 30 with ice on Friday...the grocery store is out of every thing because people think we are going to be snowed in for days haha CRAZY TEXANS}!

Here are a few of my favorite Christmas Movies:

1. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! I laugh my ass off EVERY time! 

2. Home Alone! My sister and I use to watch that movie at least twice daily as children even when it wasn't Christmas time! 

3. Santa buddies! One of the cutest movies ever! LOVE watching it with my boys! 

4. The Santa Clause! My sister an I wore this one out too! 

5. ELF!!! The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loud for all to hear! 

There are so many more that I just love including EVERY single sappy hallmark Christmas movie ever created!

Our Christmas ritual consist of splitting time between my family and the in-laws. Usually we are with one of them on Christmas Eve and the other Christmas Day. The tricky part is my family does Christmas morning early with Santa and exchanging our gifts and hubbys family does their own Christmas at their house then meets at his moms for lunch. So we are usually able to swing both families Christmas day which I love because my parents have never had to miss a Christmas morning with the kids.
Top left: 2008 Brayden's 1st Christmas
Bottom left: 2009 can't find 2010 lol
Top right: 2011 Tate's first Christmas (poor orange jaundice baby) 
Bottom right: 2012! 

Since we now have two kids we have tried to do Chrismas at our house every year because lets face it traveling with two kids, a dog, Santa's presents who have to be a secret and our present isn't easy at ALL. This year we are doing things a little different because my grandpa is getting up there in age and I don't know how many more Christmas' he will be around. He doesn't travel for Christmas or hardly ever unless its to the coast to fish!

This year we will be having Christmas Eve with the in-laws then drive to Austin to my parents later that night after we finish Christmas there. We will wake up at the CRACK of dawn to open gifts {I'm usually the first up due to EXCITMENT}! Then have lunch at my parents with two sets of my grandparents, uncle and cousin,  parents, sister & soon to be brother in law. We are then going to stay for the rest of the week and spend time there.

I couldn't be more excited about our plans this year even though it will be tough with the traveling. It is so important to me to get to spend as much time as possible with my family since I don't see them near enough (they live 3 hrs away)! So lucky to have a hubby that is on board and ready for me to drag him along.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Thursday & a HAPPY HOLIDAY season.   

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard travelling with two kids... you're lucky (and smart!) to stay home. :)

    ReplyDelete