Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Wrap up & my baby's Birthday!

This weekend didn't go as planned AT all! A horrible Ice/Snow/sleet storm came in on Thursday night! School and work canceled Friday & Shelby's flight! Like 5 times actually!

She ended up getting to Texas FINALLY after like 32 hrs of Traveling. Unfortunately I could not make it up to the metroplex to her due to the row conditions! 
Needed to get out so we went to check our Cows! 

Today we are home for the 4th day of the ice storm! But today is our baby boys 2nd Birthday!!!! 

How in the world is he 2 already?!? Momma is having a tough time with it!  

Two years ago today I went into labor with our second baby boy! Contractions started about 2 am they weren't close enough together but it was Friday and I was scheduled to induce that Monday at 39 weeks! My doctor had told me earlier that day that if they started I could come in and she WOULDNT send me home! Well that's something you don't say to a 39 wk preg woman WHO is MISERABLE an just over it! 

After an hr of contractions to the hospital we went! They kept me and started pitocen to help me move along a little more starting at 6 am. About 10-11 I received my epidural!

This is the funny part! So they give your epidural while your dying in pain with contractions! Your contracting an they are telling you to be still so they can stick a needle the size of china in your back! So hubs was there giving me moral support and holding me! All the sudden I feel him get heavy then FALL to the groud and start snoring! He passed out! The nurse pressed the call light an yelled we need help in here! 

They woke him up an he was fine he didn't realize what happened and felt terrible! We laugh about it now ALL the time! 

I then gave birth to our sweet baby boy at 5pm. He was 6lbs 12oz and 21in long! The exact same size as his big brother! 


Seeing our 3.5 yr old meet his little brother for the first time was a moment I will never forget! He was so excited and loved him just as much as we did! It couldn't have gone any better! 

It's been a FUN two years and I can't wait to see what the future holds for my sweet boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment