Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekend Wrap up & My Favorite Things: Christmas Traditions

What a fun Holiday weekend with LOTS of shopping, family & eating! What more could a girl ask for?!? 

My mom, sister and I shopped from 6 PM Thursday until 8AM Friday! No going home to sleep! We went from store to store finding lots of good deals! Mom got a Christmas tree for $69 usually $199.00, I got a TV, Brayden's bow n arrow, tons of clothes for the kids, a few things for me {I know I was suppose to be shopping for others but I couldn't resist those brown boots on sale for 20 usually 99}, Chinese Christmas gifts and lots more! 


Today I'm linking up with Kylie at lipgloss and lunges And Emily at beauty and the greek For My favorite things! 

Lip Gloss & Lunges


Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year! For us it means celebrating Jesus, lots of family time, my birthday, my baby's Birthday, yummy food, Santa and so much more. I decided what better favorites to share than Christmas Traditions! 

1.  The First tradition is putting up the tree together the day after Thanksgiving. We put on Christmas movies or music and put up the tree and outside decorations together. As a kid I always hated helping with the decorations because my mom has about 20 boxes. Now I understand why she loved it so much!

2. Elf on the Shelf...Last year we started the Elf on the shelf tradition with our oldest! He named him Jingle Bell. It is so fun to come up with different things for the elf to do and it makes waking him up in the morning so much easier because he looks forward to finding him and seeing what kind of mess he has made or what he has done. Also helps us with behavior because if you act up he goes and tells SANTA!!!


This is how he made his arrival yesterday!
 Today he decorated the tree with B's undies! 

3. Christmas Cookies. I LOVE making Christmas cookies....oh and eating them! Its so much fun to roll out the dough and use cookie cutters then decorate with icing. This year will be the baby's first year to Decorate and I CAN'T wait because our oldest LOVES it! Also putting the cookies out with milk and a letter to Santa on Christmas eve. It always looked forward to it growing up and I still do today {maybe because I get to eat them {I sound like a HUGE fat kid...I'm ok with it}

4. Christmas Eve Church Service. We don't get to go EVERY year but when we do I love it. We go back and forth between our parents houses for Christmas Eve and Christmas so some years it isn't possible but we still make sure the kids know the reason for the season. It's the most important part of Christmas!

5. Last but not least waking up at the crack of dawn to open presents and see what Santa brought. When I was a kid we always woke up really early because we were so excited. I still wake up just as early and most of the time I wake up the kids because I can't wait! Seeing the look on their face when they open their gifts makes my heart so happy.

Hope yall have a great Monday Friends!



6 comments:

  1. I love it I want to get into the tradition of decorating the tree after Thanksgiving, but I'm always too tired. hahaha.. I always tell myself, "maybe next year" and then I feel like I didn't have enough time with the Tree up before Christmas. :)

    The elf of the shelf is too cute, I think it would be so fun to come up with the different things for it to do. Thank God for Pinterest right?

    Thanks SO much for linking up with us!

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so tired too but the kids give me the motivation to get it done! :)

      Thank goodness for PINTREST is right! Without it I wouldn't have near as many elf ideas!

      First time Linking up with yall & Can't wait till next time!

      Heather

      Delete
  2. Haha your Christmas tree is cracking me up! That's hilarious! I love all the things on your list, the tree, the cookies, Christmas Eve service! Thanks for sharing your favorite things with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the cute holiday fun you are having with your kids. This year as I was putting out our decorations, I was thinking to myself what a delightful little home it was going to be to raise kids in one day, and I've been having so much fun talking to the kids at school about their elves. It is soooo stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is so much FUN for us and them! I love sharing them too it makes it even more fun when others enjoy it like we do! :)

      Delete